Jul 11, 2007

Nicole Richie's Trial


People Magazine Reports: Nicole Richie lawyer forced yet another delay in court Tuesday of her pending DUI trial.

"The trial will not happen (Wednesday)" as scheduled, said Jane Robison, spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office. "Richie's attorney filed a motion ... stating that their key witness, a drug expert, was unavailable for trial."

Richie does not have to attend the trial. She has reportedly traveled to Canada to watch boyfriend Joel Madden's band Good Charlotte peform Tuesday night in Calgary. Richie's lawyer declined to respond to requests for comment. But in a court filing, she said she intends to use defense expert Terence McGee, a medical doctor specializing in drug abuse, to challenge the prosecution's scientific evidence against Richie."

3 comments:

Cattiva said...

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that if *I* was tanked and lit to the gills while driving the wrong way down an interstate, I would be rotting in jail or at the very least begging for my bank account in front of a judge by now?

WOW! I think that was the longest sentence I have ever written! And it is probably longer than anything Nicole will ever get.

tomshideaway said...

Cattiva is right!!

NC said...

Haha, I agree, you are so right! Us normal people do not get the same treatment, its sad