Jan 9, 2012

Attention spans

Contribution by Prince Raymond

Have you ever noticed the way movies seem longer than they are sometimes? I was using our http://www.tvbydirect.com/directv-deal/Laredo-MISSOURI-MO-direct-tv.html to watch a movie just the other day. It was one I had seen once in the movies, but that I had not seen since. I think it is called the Holiday. It is about two women who switch homes for two weeks to escape from their lives. It is interesting because the things they try to escape end up coming and finding them. They face their challenges and by the end of the movie, the two women really prove themselves to be strong, independent women. When I first saw the movie, I did not think it was very long. It seemed as if we were hardly in the movie theater at all. When I watched it recently on the TV, it seemed much longer. It is possible it has something to do with how focused I was when I watched the movie the two different times. Whatever the case, it really surprises me the way in which we perceive time sometimes. It changes all the time in life and even watching a movie shows that.

No comments: